Our Foodbank is operating to support people seeking asylum. Information on how to access food is outlined here: asrc.org.au/covid-19.
COVID-SAFE SUPPORT FOR OUR FOODBANK
We are pleased to announce that our centre in Footscray is able to receive food donations from the general public once again. Demand for food has tripled since the onset of the pandemic, and we urgently need your support.
Please note our current opening hours and new Covid-safe protocols as follows:
- Opening hours for the remainder of January: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10am to 5pm.
- Please bring food donations to the rear of the building – the roller door opposite no. 46 Albert St, Footscray. Press the buzzer beside the door for our reception team to open the door remotely. You can drive right into the garage.
- For smaller donations, please use the new food donations trolley bin provided and close the lid securely once goods are inside.
- For large donations (eg. workplace food drive) please email in advance to arrange a drop-off time firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all donations please use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code displayed on the bin and garage area to record your donation to ASRC.
- Masks must be worn by all persons leaving your vehicle.
- Please help us keep our vulnerable community safe by using the hand sanitiser provided, observing social distancing, and following any directives issued by our staff and volunteers.
Thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing you back at our centre.
HOW YOU CAN HELP RIGHT NOW
By donating, you’ll be giving people a hand upon the pathway to food security and independence, where they have the ingredients and knowledge to make the best choices for their nutritional, social and emotional wellbeing. If you wish to support our work, we are accepting the following donations:
– Donate in person at our Footscray HQ
– Donate in person at one of our collection centres