Our Foodbank is operating to support people seeking asylum. Information on how to access food is outlined here: asrc.org.au/covid-19.
When you donate food to the ASRC Foodbank, you’ll make a difference to people seeking asylum by providing one of the most basic human rights – food.
ASRC Foodbank currently provides free groceries to around 1,000 people, most of whom have no income and no work rights. Around half of them are children.
Food is one of the most immediate and tangible ways to give someone a hand up. Every donation makes a difference.
Please note our current opening hours and new Covid-safe protocols as follows:
- Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11:00am – 12:30pm and 1:15pm – 3:30pm. The ASRC has some closure dates that are outside of Victorian public holidays. It’s advisable to always call ahead on 9326 6066 and check if we are open.
- Please bring food donations to the rear of the building – the roller door opposite no. 46 Albert St, Footscray. Press the buzzer beside the door for our reception team to open the door remotely. If reception is busy, please call 0431 022 655. You can drive right into the garage.
- For smaller donations, please use the new food donations trolley bin provided and close the lid securely once goods are inside.
- For large donations (eg. workplace food drive) please email in advance to arrange a drop-off time email@example.com
- For all donations please use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code displayed on the bin and garage area to record your donation to ASRC.
- Masks must be worn by all persons leaving your vehicle.
- Please help us keep our vulnerable community safe by using the hand sanitiser provided, observing social distancing, and following any directives issued by our staff and volunteers.
Thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing you back at our centre.
HOW YOU CAN HELP RIGHT NOW
By donating, you’ll be giving people a hand upon the pathway to food security and independence, where they have the ingredients and knowledge to make the best choices for their nutritional, social and emotional wellbeing. If you wish to support our work, we are accepting the following donations:
– Donate in person at our Footscray HQ
– Donate in person at one of our collection centres