Our Foodbank is operating to support people seeking asylum. Information on how to access food is outlined here.
When you donate food to the ASRC Foodbank, you’ll make a difference to people seeking asylum by providing one of the most basic human rights – food. ASRC Foodbank currently provides free groceries to around 1,000 people every fortnight, most of whom have no income and no work rights. Around half of them are children.
Food is one of the most immediate and tangible ways to give someone a hand up. Every donation makes a difference. You can donate at one of our collection points or at the ASRC Footscray or Refugee Resource Hub Dandenong.
214 – 218 Nicholson St, Footscray, 3011
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm.
- Please bring food donations to the rear of the building – the roller door opposite no. 46 Albert St, Footscray. Press the buzzer beside the door for our reception team to open the door remotely. If reception is busy, please call 0431 022 665. You can drive right into the garage.
- For smaller donations, please use the new food donations trolley bin provided and close the lid securely once goods are inside.
Refugee Resource Hub
205 Thomas St, Dandenong, 3175
- Accepting donations: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am–3pm
- For smaller donations, please bring donations to reception.
At both locations please note:
- The ASRC has some closure dates that are outside of Victorian public holidays. It’s advisable to always call ahead on 9326 6066 and check if we are open.
- For large donations (eg. workplace food drive) please email in advance to arrange a drop-off time email@example.com
- For all donations please use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code displayed on the donations bin to record your donation to ASRC.
- Masks must be worn onsite.
HOW YOU CAN HELP RIGHT NOW
By donating, you’ll be giving people a hand upon the pathway to food security and independence, where they have the ingredients and knowledge to make the best choices for their nutritional, social and emotional wellbeing. If you wish to support our work, we are accepting the following donations:
– Donate in person at our Footscray HQ
– Donate in person at one of our collection centres